How
to Catch a Leprechaun
by Marcie Cahoon
One
day in early March I was really bored with doing my everyday chores. My mom
came in my room with my coat and told me it was time to get ready for
school. So I pulled on my big, brown
boots, my purple hat, my huge blue coat, and my make up to put on in the
car. Every thirteen-year-old girl needs
too put on her make up before she goes anywhere!
Anyway, I walked outside in no hurry to go to
school. You see There was a big annual Leprechaun Hunt at my school ever since I could remember.
Most little kids looked forward to March 17th at Middle School in Ireland. Not me though! I
couldn't stand wearing green or looking for a stupid
leprechaun that didn't exist (so I thought)!
This all changed later that day. I headed for
the Lucky Forest where my class was supposed to look for Lance the Lucky
Leprechaun! As soon as I got to the Lucky Forest, my teacher,
Mr. Miller, handed me a big
sticky jar of sweet honey. He told me leprechauns love honey!
Then
I went out to search for this stupid unreal leprechaun. I had so many negative thoughts running
through my head. Like, All leprechauns aren't
real!@ Why do they have us do Kindergarten Stuff in 7th
Grade?@ AI mean, a stupid Leprechaun hunt? Get real!@ Those were just a few of my thoughts that
morning.What
do you mean, Leprechauns aren’t real? a squeaky voice said from right behind me. At first I thought maybe it could be Matt,
the joker of my class, but the voice was much too high to be his. As I turned around, my hands were
trembling. The tiny voice spoke again, Why do you and everyone try to catch us?
I realized then that it probably was a leprechaun! I was almost around when he jumped on the honey bottle. I nearly wet my pants!
He
was about two feet tall and very chubby.
He took the honey bottle and was lapping it up as if it were water. Yum-sky! he said.
Are
you a real le-le-le-leprechaun? I mumbled.
He nodded.
I
just remembered what Mr. Miller told me about catching a leprechaun. I decided to catch him and get all the
gold. I jumped him from behind. He wiggled out of my hands. Stop!@ I
ordered. AI promise I will hit you on the head with this honey
bottle!@ He stopped and
pointed to his left. I looked and couldn't see anything but trees. Then I noticed a purple bucket of gold.
Take
it!, he said, Abut
don't hurt me. I knew that the gold would turn into snakes
if I didn't catch him, so I thought up a plan. Let's shake on it, I
said.
Okay, he replied. He
came over to me and I shook his little hand then grabbed him. Now I had caught him! Suddenly he disappeared.
In
his place was a little note that read:
AYOU HAVE CAUGHT ME! NOW GO HOME AND ENJOY THE RICHES I HAVE GIVEN YOU!
LOVE,
LANCE THE LEPRECHAUN.
I
ran home as fast as I could. I opened
the door and to my surprise, everything I have ever wanted was there. I was so happy!
And
I lived happily ever after!
The End

Great post! The information shared here is helpful and easy to understand. For anyone interested in reliable real estate guidance, property management, or commercial opportunities, Sutton Companies is a valuable resource worth exploring. Thanks for sharing these useful insights and helping readers learn more about today’s evolving real estate market. Commercial Property For Sale Syracuse
ReplyDelete